FTL Log Entry 13

Captain's Log, Day 13:

We arrived in the middle of a plasma storm.  The interference from the storm caused a lot of disruption in our reactor - shields, oxygen production, the medbay, sensors, and my pilot controls all stopped responding.  On top of that, a Rebel ship moved to engage us, which was exactly what we needed.

I immediately rerouted power, removing it from the engines and powering the shields.  I ordered Bjorn to focus all our firepower on their weapons.  We needed to take those down in order to survive this.  They got a missile off, which impacted the ship in the sensor room.  With the sensors already down, I wasn't too worried about the system damage, but in order to prevent fire I vented the area to space, effectively blocking me into the cockpit.

Our weapons all landed on target, removing the enemy weapon systems from the equation.  With the air getting a bit thin, I powered down the missile launcher and rerouted that power to the oxygen system so we wouldn't suffocate.  With the second volley, one laser blast was absorbed by their shields, another missed, but the third managed to damage their shield generator.  Bjorn then refocused his fire on the Rebel's weapons to keep them from causing further damage to us.

When the next volley hit, we received an emergency broadcast message from the rebels begging us to let them live in exchange for their entire cargo.  Normally, I wouldn't have accepted such an offer, especially when they could report our position to the Rebel fleet.  Since they were stuck inside the plasma storm with us, meaning no sensors and very limited communications, and the offer of 4 fuel cells, 7 missiles, and 19 scrap was quite tempting, we let them live.  As much as I hated to let the Rebels go, those missiles are a vital asset at this point, and I wasn't sure we'd be able to recover as much from the wreckage in this storm.

Pipaluk and Jones set out to repair the damage to the sensors for when we were out of the nebula, and we set off for the next jump beacon.  I'm just glad that I was able to get the pilot controls back online so we could get out of there.  That could have gone MUCH worse.

Comments

Popular Posts