FTL Log Entry 15

Captain's Log, Day 15:

We dropped out of FTL near another small settlement of ships looking to sell their wares, thankfully outside of the nebula.  Some even had working teleporters, drone controllers, and cloaking systems, but we didn't have the spare material to trade.  We patched up the hull with 6 scrap pieces, and purchased 2 more missiles to replenish what we had traded for fuel.

It was then that I had the crew barter with the locals for some personal items.  Aisha picked up a hammock for the engine room, which now functions as an additional shelf as opposed to a bed.  She also put some "googly eyes" on the engine, so now it looks like a face.  Gotta love her creativity.

Bjorn came back with some old style bullets.  He doesn't have a gun that would fire them, but says they're going to function well as chess pieces.  He also managed to pick up a pet fish.  I don't know how, and I don't know how long he thinks it'll last, but if it helps him, I'm all for it.

Pipaluk and Jones picked up.....well.....to be honest I'm not entirely sure what it is, only that it smells like motor oil and is constantly humming.  I'm glad they're keeping it in the shield generator room as the noise gave me quite a headache.

Me, I got a hula girl to keep watch over the flight controls.  Partly because it's funny, but also because it reminds me of home.  Of my wife and kids.  We kept one of these in the car.  God I hope I get to see them again.

The course is set, and we're jumping ahead soon.  It looks to be another convoy, so maybe we'll pick up a few more tchotchkes.  Or maybe another ship gun.  Another gun would be nice.

Comments

Popular Posts