FTL Log Entry 14

Captain's Log, Day 14:

It's been two weeks since we started.  Add on to that it seems that this nebula is going on forever.  The crew are starting to get restless.  They're trying not to show it, but I can see that this constant running, the constant state of alertness is wearing them down.  I wish there was something I could do to cheer them up, some way to give them hope.  Thing is, I'm no good with words.

Once out of the plasma storm, we were able to restore power to all the ship's systems.  The jump brought us to what appears to be a tourist attraction.  I'm not sure what kinds of tourists are going to be trekking through a nebula on purpose, but it isn't my place to question a businessman's practices.  He offered us 10 fuel for 2 missiles, a deal that I accepted only because we picked up a store on our sensors.  I was loathe to lower our munitions, but having extra fuel cells in order to make a getaway was higher on my priority list.  I aim to keep this crew alive, not have them go down in a firefight.

Once the engines were charged up, we set off for the store.  Hopefully we'll be free of this damned nebula and the crew can get some much needed rest.

Comments

Popular Posts