FTL Log Entry 10

Captain's Log, Day 10:

We arrived at the long range beacon.  As soon as our engines have recharged, we'll be jumping into the next sector.  If the past is any indicator of things to come, we have a long, rocky journey ahead of us.  We purchased 6 more fuel cells for 12 scrap parts from the admittedly quite conveniently placed re-fueling station.  Maybe there is some planning that went into the setup of this interstellar network.  But you know government...what makes sense to them never really makes sense to the people.

Aisha seems to be holding together alright, and I'll admit I'm glad to have an engineer on board.  Bjorn still seems a bit shaken up from that lab fire, and I can't say that I blame him.  He did his best, though, and he's the best gunner I've got.  As for Pipaluk and Jones, I don't know what to quite make of them yet.  They tend to stick together in the shield generator room, but when we need systems repaired Jones is on the job.  As I've said before, those Engi are strange, but they know their machines and components.  I guess the fact that they're sticking together shouldn't bother me too much, Engi are pretty much clusters of machines to begin with.  And maybe Jones is still getting over that fire.  I think I'll have a chat with him and Bjorn while we're travelling to the next sector.

Speaking of which, it appears that the next area is another civilian sector.  Hopefully it's a bit friendlier than this one has been.  I know those civilians have it rough, so we'll be doing our part to help out.  Departure should be soon, so I'm going to get back to my duties.  Captain Markel, signing out.

Comments

Popular Posts