FTL Log Entry 18

Captain's Log, Day 18:

We arrived to find a number of ships fleeing the area.  The distress beacon appeared to be coming from a small space station.  We immediately hailed them to see what assistance we could offer.

The response we received was entirely unexpected.  Someone on in the communications room happened to receive our message and respond with, "Help!  We're being overrun by some sort of giant, alien spiders!"  I took a quick survey of the crew.  Jones and Bjorn elected to help, possibly due to having seen more than their fair share of death already.  Aisha and Pipaluk were more tentative in their response, not exactly wanting to face the threat of an alien spider army.  That meant, however, that the deciding vote was in my hands.  If all went well, the station may have some resources that we need.  On the other hand, I would be risking the lives of my crew, no - my friends, against giant alien spiders.

I couldn't risk their lives fighting some unknown number of some unknown alien force - the mission at hand is of the utmost importance.  Yet....the screams and pleas for help from the station echo inside my head to this day.  Did I make the right choice?

Comments

Popular Posts