FTL Log Entry 40

Captain's Log, Day 40:

Immediately after falling out of FTL, we received a distress beacon from a nearby Engi cruiser.  They were in need of our assistance, apparently facing imminent destruction.

We jumped into action.  The Engi were under attack by a Mantis ship.  This was going to be rougher than I thought.  They transported two Mantis men onto our ship, directly into the teleporter room where Fleischy and Stick were waiting.  I knew they wouldn't be able to hold them off indefinitely, so Bjorn targeted the enemy weapon and oxygen systems in order to try to minimize damage to us.

When it became apparent that my men couldn't take any more, I had them retreat to the medbay.  I then vented the corridors from the airlock to the teleporter.  Our weapons had effectively rendered theirs harmless, so it was just a matter of holding out for as long as possible.  The Mantis managed to damage our teleporter before heading back to their ship, but I had Aisha and Fleischy begin repairs as soon as our ship was free of boarders.

Since their weapons had been disabled, we focused fire on their oxygen system, hoping to scrap their ship.  They slowly ran out of air, just before they got their systems back online.  We brought back one fuel cell, one missile, and 48 scrap before attempting to contact the Engi.

Their cruiser was in the process of being evacuated, but they offered us 3 fuel cells and their gratitude for helping them.  I congratulated my crew on a successful rescue as they healed up, and we set off toward a nearby distress beacon.

Comments

Popular Posts