FTL Log Entry 33

Captain's Log, Day 33:

We found the ship that we were supposed to capture.  I'm not exactly sure why, but it was stressed to us that we were supposed to kill the crew without destroying the ship.

A quick scan of the ship revealed that they had a laser burst and a beam weapon.  The crew consisted of one Rock crewman and one human.  For some reason, however, it appeared that their oxygen scrubber was isolated from the crew compartment.

Immediately, I rerouted power from the engines and medbay to our shield generator, in an effort to protect the ship from damage.  I hoped I was doing the right thing as I sent Fleischy and Stick to the ship to dismantle their oxygen system.  They made short work of the scrubber, and prepared to beam back to the ship.  We fired one missile, in an attempt to disable their weapon systems before they could get a shot off.  Our missile missed, but our upgraded shields easily absorbed all of the enemy weapon fire.  All we had to do now was wait for the ship's oxygen to run out and slowly suffocate the crew aboard the ship.  We were safe, and the mission was complete.  With Fleischy and Stick back aboard, we waited and watched.  I cut turned off the sensors after picking up their distress transmission, as all I could hear was them choking, gasping for breath.

With the crew dead, we signalled the merchants who assigned us this task.  When they arrived, they said they would appreciate us not mentioning this to anyone.  I can't shake the feeling that we just killed a potential ally and assisted the black market.  We were awarded 48 scrap and a Halberd Beam weapon system for our assistance, which is all useful, but I feel like a monster.

Jones took 50 scrap and upgraded our reactor and we set a course for the next beacon, hoping for a chance to redeem ourselves.  Hell, who am I kidding, I'm the one in need of redemption.  I hoped I would get a chance.

Comments

Popular Posts