FTL Log Entry 26

[Writer's Note: Sorry for the delay, and to any fans who remain, thank you for reading.  My life took a swing which brought me away from the game, but I should be back with (hopefully) daily updates.  My goal is to continue in the direction I had before, and I hope you will forgive the time delay.]

Captain's Log, Day 26:

I surveyed the sector map for what felt like months.  I saw that we were near a store, but we had a better chance of landing more usable scrap with a more roundabout path.  Seeing as we didn't have much to spare, we jumped away from the store, hoping to plot a return course after a few jumps.  If we were lucky, we would be able to make it back before the rebels found us.

When we arrived at the next beacon, we happened upon a disabled rock transport ship.  I was wary, but our situation was dire.  While I hate pirates as much as the next captain, I decided that our mission was too important to fail.  I ordered the crew to strip the ship of any usable items they could find.

The inside of the ship smelled of stale air, with the hint of rotting flesh.  We saw no signs of crew aboard, so I wondered if it was just the recycled air gone stale with the life support systems offline.  Fleischy managed to find an unused drone, and Bjorn managed to salvage two more missiles for us.  Aisha found some tools and parts for the engine, while the rest managed to gather what they could.  We came away with 34 scrap altogether, hopefully that can help make a difference.

I tried and tried to decipher the logs on the ship, but even Jones and Pipaluk were at a loss when it came to decrypting them.  What bothers me the most is the fact that the Rockmen aren't the most clever bunch.  I hope this is just a computer glitch and not a sign of things to come...

We managed to get away before anyone else came through.  I would say our luck was looking up, but I know better.  We jumped away, and waited for whatever lied ahead.

Comments

Popular Posts