FTL Log Entry 29

Captain's Log, Day 29:

We arrived to find another ship in a dense asteroid field.  It seemed to be coated in some sort of ice or crystal formation.  Almost everything was either destroyed or unidentifiable.  One stasis pod amongst the wreckage stood out, however, so we brought it aboard.

We managed to salvage about 17 scrap alongside the pod.  As we brought the stasis pod onto the ship, however, an asteroid smashed into the hull completely obliterating the little that remained.  We were left with just the airlock hanging on to our ship.  We detached the airlock just before jumping toward the next beacon, wondering what sort of devastation we had just seen.

A closer look into the pod revealed not much more than some crystals.  I held very little hope they were more than hyperspace fuel, but something kept me from using it as such.  I don't know if it's some sort of intelligence, but I get a very uneasy feeling every time I pass by.  I have since ordered it locked into a quarantine, as I am not the only one who feels ill around it.  I hope we haven't made a huge mistake and  brought a curse aboard...

Comments

Popular Posts