FTL Log Entry 22

Captain's Log, Day 22:

We arrived at the distress beacon to find a small asteroid belt and are hailed by a small shuttle asking for assistance.  In my head, I'm already having a flashback of the last time we came across a similar situation.

Instead of diving into the asteroid belt to try to save the ship, I offered to teleport the crew onto our ship, negating the risk of damaging us (and to be perfectly honest, I'd rather test the teleporter using someone that isn't part of my crew first).

They reluctantly agreed.  I understand their hesitation, as I would have to be torn from this ship kicking and screaming, but it was the smarter decision.  Once aboard, we all watched as a large asteroid smashed into their now empty ship, which then exploded due to the rapid decompression.  We had gotten them out just in time.

Without their ship, they weren't sure where they would go.  We offered to drop them on a nearby habitable world.  Their captain, a man by the name of Fleischy, decided to stay with us to help with the mission.  I'm glad to have extra crew, he and Bjorn can be the boarding party.  He made me aware, however, that the teleporter left him with a very strange, metallic taste in his mouth, similar to that of blood.  I'll have Jones take a look at it during our next FTL jump.

Unfortunately, by the look of things, the rebels will be waiting for us at the exit.  With that being unavoidable now, we will continue on to an unexplored beacon.

Comments

Popular Posts